College student but first Mother!

    I am currently a mother to an almost 15-month-old little girl named, Sophia! When I first decided that I wanted to go back to school and get a degree the whole reason I wanted to was for her. I want her to have a wonderful life and know that she can do anything she sets her mind to. So far this week I have been able to stay up late or get up early to work on assignments. I have a wonderful support system, my family. My husband is a deputy for Davie County Sheriff's office and so his schedule is different than most. When he is off, he has been handling her so I can do schoolwork. When he is working, I am here with her, and I have been very blessed because if she is fed and has a clean diaper all she needs is toys and she is perfectly okay. She does though from time to time want attention, so I have to put schoolwork away for a little bit until she is calmed down. 
    All my classes are pretty straightforward, and I am enjoying them very much! I am hoping once I graduate from DDCC I can go to Gardner-Webb and continue my studies. I am currently getting a degree in business administration emphasis business. This degree will allow me to expand what I am wanting to pursue a career in. My main goal is to work in some type of criminal justice business, a courthouse would be amazing. My father is a cop and so is my husband, so I am around their daily lives and hear the worst of people. When they tell me stories, I have always wondered what happens to them after they hand them off to the judges and lawyers. If I got a job in the courthouse, I would be able to know exactly what happens. While I am writing this my daughter is currently asleep, so I am able to write and my husband is home, so he is taking care of her. When she is awake, and I am at my desk she thinks my laptop is a toy. I may have to purchase her a toy computer that way she thinks she is working while mommy is. 
    I hope everyone accomplishes what they are reaching for! Picture below is my little family! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stomach bug equals no fun!

Working while going through school

My Papa